Realistic vs. Fad Dieting
- In some cases, fad dieting enables people to lose weight quickly. The caveat is that the maintenance and will-power is demanding. Some people will eventually lose focus along the way and end up gaining back the weight. Realistic dieting is guaranteed but takes more time and is healthier for the body.
- Realistic dieting provides the body the daily nutrients it needs.
- Fad dieting offers weight loss, but there is no scientifically physical gain associated with it. Realistic dieting is an effort that requires very both physical training and a balanced diet.
- Realistic dieting is scientifically proven and has many studies to back it. Fad diets have very few or no scientific proof for how it works.
- In realistic dieting, the target is on losing weight by banning fat. Fad diets only focuses on weight loss but does not specify otherwise. This means you can be losing muscles too – as they are contributors to body weight.
A Realistic Universal Dieting Method
This is a universal diet plan, as it contains the necessary nutrients than fad diets.The only difference is the portion of nutrients.
- Reducing simple carbs
One of the main contributors to weight gain is overloading on simple or refined carbs. This includes any products processed from a carbohydrate source.To cut down on weight, you begin by cutting down on these types of carbohydrates.This triggers the body to burn down fat deposits rather than burning them during exercise.
Taking in less carbs causes the kidneys to cut down excess water and sodium. This, in turn, reduces water weight and bloating. Additionally, the production of insulin reduces.
- Cardio or strength training at least three times a week
Cardio involves jogging, running, dancing, swimming, and much more. The role is to increase metabolism, which triggers the burning down of body fat.
Strength training is like an autopilot for increasing metabolism. It ensures that metabolism is maintained at an optimum level. Like cardio, the calories are burned down, which contributes to weight loss. In the process, one is able to gain muscles due to the repetitive carrying of weight.
If you are new to the gym, have a trainer guide you through the process. Improper form can lead to injuries; and this will hamper any weight loss goals.
- Consuming vegetables, protein, fat-rich foods
The consumption of carbs can be brought down to a recommended level by having a diet rich in low and complex carbs, proteins, and fat. Their limit is insufficient to trigger unhealthy weight gain. Moreover, they are rich in minerals, vitamins, and fibers, which are key nutrients for healthy growth. You are recommended to have 2 to 3 meals a day, but you can have a fourth meal if you feel hungry.
Protein has a tremendous effect on carbohydrates as it boosts metabolism to burn a range of 80- 100 more calories each day. It is a vital nutrient when you want to shed off weight. Protein-rich foods have a capacity to make your stomach full, therefore, reducing food cravings. The result is a reduced calorie intake.